In addition to the dietary laws stipulated in Leviticus 11 and confirmed in Acts 15, there are some other dietary rules that can be good to follow in our present Babylonian culture. Please note, I am not suggesting this article are commandments of Yah; I am merely giving suggestions for those who want to keep their Temple (human body) as efficient as possible.
Over the last month - (Fall 2005) , I learned from Hezekiah Haas and Brother Chris several pieces of information that has helped me radically change my diet. The effects have been so dramatic, that I lost 5 lbs in the past 30 days and also now need only about an average of 6 hours of sleep a night to feel fully refreshed. I promise you, if you follow these simple tips, you will notice an almost immediate benefit with your health.
1. First, make sure to follow the dietary laws in Leviticus 11 which includes no pork or shellfish and a list of other unclean foods. No animal you eat should have ANY blood or be strangled. Most American meat is very bloody. You need to fill a large bowl of water, cover the meat in kosher salt, soak the meat for a few hours and this will leech the blood out of the meat into the water. Then remove the meat and rinse. Wallah -- you have drained the blood. This especially needs to be done with beef, even so called "kosher beef" but is also good to do on poultry. This first point IS COMMANDED BY YAH and failure to comply to these dietary commandments will send you to eternal torment and the Lake of Fire.
2. DAIRY -- buy only RAW milk, cheese and butter. It will say RAW on the container. Only a few states sell RAW Milk in the stores, so you may have to go directly to a dairy farm or order on the internet. California is one of the few states that is still legally allowed to sell Raw Milk and dairy products. Raw milk, cheese and butter is the only way to ensure you are eating dairy the way Yah intended you to do so.
3. MEAT -- Buy only organic GRASS FED MEAT. Torah commands cattle to eat grass. If they eat grains or animals, fat marbles the beef and Torah commands us NOT to eat fat. This dietary rule is also commanded and not just an option. BUY ONLY GRASS FED MEAT OR GO TO THE LAKE OF FIRE.
4. POULTRY -- Free range. This means the chickens are allowed to wander free and eat whatever they find, rather than confined inside a lab or shed, forced to eat blood and junk. Buy organic, free range eggs. This is the way Yah intended for us to eat poultry and eggs.
5. FRUITS AND VEGETABLES -- These MUST have the organic label to ensure you are eating fruits and vegetables the way Yah intended.
6. JUICES -- unfiltered, 100% organic.
7. BREADS -- buy organic spelt. All modern wheat has been genetically modified. Spelt is an ancient relative to wheat which is the most natural bread/flour on the market.
8. SUGARS AND DESSERTS -- No processed sugars, no white flour, etc. Buy only RAW sugar.
9. Stay away from soy-based health food alternatives.
If you follow the above suggestions, you will notice a dramatic increase in your energy levels and a dramatic increase in your health. Why do you think, over this past month, I have been able to consistently start emailing you guys at 4, 5 in the morning and continue to do so even until 10pm or 11pm at night? Here's why.
Another suggestions, particularly if you are a big male like me and you have high protein levels -- cut back on your meat intake. I now only eat fruits for breakfast and I eat only fruits and vegetables for lunch, along with some snacky foods. I only consume meat at dinner.
The Shabbat and New Moons are exceptions -- these days I will gorge myself and eat whatever my soul and flesh lusteth after -- however, I still follow the above 9 ietary rules.
I hope this helps you guys who want to improve your performance for YahVeh YahShua.